Sunday, February 10, 2013

Days 8 & 9

Hi :)

I guess I'll start by telling y'all how day 8 went for me... AWESOME is the word I'll use! I got up between 5 and 6 that morning determined to start my day off active, so I popped in my Rockin' Body videos. After I completed that days workout I had a burst of energy and did another day too. By the time I had finished 2 days worth of workouts I was almost at my 5 mile cardio goal without even stepping foot on a treadmill! Well ladies and gents... I didn't stop there, as usual I started getting a little sleepy around 2 in the evening but instead of laying down for a nap I laced up my sneakers and headed over to the gym. As I approached the door I head some voices, now normally I would've done a 180 and headed back to my apartment but I chose to go in and get'r done! HA, I wasn't going to let my shyness of working out in front of others stop me. I walked in, smiled, put my belongings down beside the treadmill, turned my iPod on, and the world was officially TUNED OUT! Now while I did only 35 minutes I was proud of myself for running some and walking on an incline the rest of the time. On day 8 I decided to take it easy on the eating and made sure I got my 128 ounces of water in.

So, I suppose everyone is now wondering how day 9 went? You want to know did I keep the momentum going from the previous day or did I totally slack off... DRUMROLL... BAM, I kept that sucker going! :) I started my day early, heading to the grocery store getting only what I needed for my menu. Early on I was hit with temptations, ALL the snack food seemed to be BOGO :( Oh how I wanted some cookies, but I put my head down and kept pushing past them. As soon as I got home I peeled and diced my apples for another weeks worth of that yummy cinnamon applesauce I love. I pulled my meat out for tomorrow and tuesday, and wolfed down some applesauce that was already in the fridge. As today went on I found myself lacking the steam to keep pushing through being up and active instead of lounging around.  After about 30 minutes I talked myself into getting up and doing my workout, even did my 3 flights of stairs 3 times but decided I didn't want to get on the treadmill today. 

All in all I've had a very successful past 2 days with my eating and being active. I have to say again, and I can't say it enough how lucky I am to have such a great support system with my friends and family. There's no way I'd be able to do this without them!

No comments:

Post a Comment