Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Shaky starts!

Sorry about the video, it was done with my phone lol!

Day 10 started out VERY rough... I didn't know how I was going to make it through without some food therapy! It was so bad that morning that I was about to post an emergency blog, I made a video and everything. Once I was done with the video I realized that I just needed to vent my frustrations with the weight loss process; you know the ups, downs, hard work, and disappointments. After  feeling down for a while I decided not to post anything and to get up, go out in the rain to the weight room, and get some cardio in. I have to say it made me feel a little bit more  energized when I was done:) I also decided I needed to get out of the house so I took a trip and walked around the mall for a bit. Getting out really felt good and took my mind off the scale and food for a while. Even after my mini melt down that morning I was happy with myself for making it through the day without cheating, I stayed active, and lifted my own spirits!

Day 11 didn't start out too much better although I didn't have any sort of melt down lol! I really didn't feel like doing much today so I decided it was going to be a pajama kind of day. I got up pretty early, did some laundry, prepped my lunch, vacuumed, and did some other cleaning around the house. That was all done just this morning, so the afternoon I kind of lounged around in the living room watching movies, playing iPad games, and looking at old pictures. Finally after getting pretty darn bored I decided to have my own private dance party, so I moved the couch back and scooted the coffee table over and had at it! That lasted for a good 45 minutes, I was pooped afterwards, and my face was starting to glisten. I didn't stop there though, I popped in my Rockin' Body workout and went to town bust out those moves... I swear, I don't know how many times I will say it but it is one of the best and fun workouts I have ever done besides Zumba! Well, I mean it is pretty much like doing Zumba...

These past few days I've tried 2 new recipes one of which I liked and the other I'd like to burn! The cream of chicken soup (has no cream) was so tasty, and although it's only one serving of protein it ends up making enough for two meals so I froze 1/2 of the recipe. Now the shrimp étouffée I did not like one bit and choked it down just so I could say I ate something for lunch... I've had this dish before several times at a restaurant named Razzoo's in TX and it was AMAZING. This recipe was nothing close to amazing and nothing like étouffée which is served in a type of gravy over rice (love it over dirty rice!). Later this week I will be trying 2 more new dishes that I hope turn out well, one has cherries in it so I'm really excited to try it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment