Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Days 9 & 10




Day 9:
Not too much excitement on day 9, except my husband talking me into eating at Captain George's. I agreed only if we ate strictly crab legs and nothing else. Needless to say, it was a horrible idea that had him apologizing at the end of the day. I continued with the walking and pushed for 3 miles and DID IT! There were so many people and families out there walking, on four wheelers, in golf carts, and with their pets which made it a great experience and not feel like working out.
My choice in shoes were terrible, I bought a cheap pair from the Nike outlet that rubbed the back of my heels for the first 2 miles until I couldn't take it anymore. I had to stop and change into some flimsy slides for the last mile, they weren't much better...
Day 10:
Today was particularly rough for me because I was very discouraged. It's been 2 days since I've seen any movement on the scale and 2 day since I've incorporated a little bit of cardio into my life. I'm not going to lie, I cried a little bit when I saw the exact same number on the scale these past few days... It's hard to keep my motivation when I'm not seeing results when it come to weight loss, it's easier for me to say "forget it" and just be comfortably uncomfortable eating foods that make me happy for the moment. Sad I know!
Unlike my younger self, I'm very open with my husband about my moods so he doesn't have to guess or get caught in the crossfire of a bad day. I let him know as soon as he walked in that I felt like quitting today, was really down, but still going to go walk at least 2 miles. He understood my frustrations, changed clothes, got the pup all harnessed and we went walking. For the whole 2 miles he cheered me on and had Bella getting pumped up for me which made me feel 10 times better.

No comments:

Post a Comment