Saturday, October 13, 2012

It's finally here, Day 20



As slow as the days were passing, I never really thought TODAY would get here!  I'm so relieved that I'm half way done.

It's Saturday, so of course it was grocery day... I decided to switch up my menu because I've been eating the same things over and over again, it's getting quite boring! Today I grabbed some prepackaged albacore tuna steaks off the shelf, and some spicy black bean veggie burgers. In the check out line I also threw the "Diabetes what to eat" magazine in the cart. No I don't have diabetes, but plenty of my family member do and because of my PCOS my doctor told me I will eventually get it. So, why not take control now and find out how I should be eating? Plus my grandmother is diabetic and when I was taking care of her I ate what she ate and that was probably the healthiest I've been in my adult life! I've already seen some great recipes I can't wait to try once these last 20 days are up.

Let me get down to the "nitty gritty," I know everyone is waiting to hear if and how much weight I lost days 10-20. My personal goal in my head was to lose the same amount as the first 10 days (11.1 lbs) or just 10 lbs. That didn't happen though, I had so many stall days and a day were I actually went up 0.6 lbs... So, day 10 I weighed in at 258.9 and today on day 20 I weigh 250.8. Not what I wanted, but I'm still headed in the right direction! So in 20 days I have a total loss of 19.2 lbs.

For the next 10 days my plan is to stop stressing so much, I know it's messing with my sleep at night and then I'm tired all day. Also I need to get a hold on my emotions, I keep getting all emotional when I don't see the numbers I want on the scale and that lead to more stress. Now that I'm half way done, I need to start preparing for my healthy life post HCG... I'm sure it will be interesting to say the least. One thing that amazes me is the fact that I had gone strong for 20 days without cheating, I never thought I would make it even this long.

Here's to 20 more day STRONG, no cheating!

1 comment:

  1. good job! keep it up. although you didnt get exactly what you wanted, it was def going in the right direction. basically 20lbs in 20days. not bad at all!!!

    -S

    ReplyDelete